Well the eagle eyed among you will have noticed a few little changes well I say little but maybe not so much. I came to the end of my time with Memory maze DT term in OZ so I did my last little card for them which I will post this week but then things got a little busy.
I had wonderful news in that I was lucky enough to be chosen by Helen and Mark the owners of Visible Image stamps to be on the team along with another lady called Pauline and We had a wonderful welcome on the old Facebook with lots of lovelies wishing us good luck.
I then received my DT pack and want to thank them immensely for the huge bundle of goodies. Today is my first post and I will post every Sunday for them so definitely come and see all the goodies I will be making.
So without further ado this is today's offering which is a wall hanging. I used the Large butterfly , small butterfly and the butterfly verse all available over on their site. I also used the large tall Grasses stamp for interest in the background.
I also stamped around the edges to show the detail.
Here's a close up of the butterflies coloured with Sakura gel pens in the metallic inks.
- Gesso the substrate you choose to use.
- Add the colours you would like to show through the cracks in the top coat of Acrylic paint.
- Add a layer of Crackle medium of your choice.
- Paint over with your top coats and dry, watch the cracks appear.
- Take some stencils and dab paint through, Dry. Move stencil slightly and dab a lighter colour over. I used this technique on the circles you can see. I used a word stencil too. Random is the word.
- Stamp your butterflies around the edge and anywhere on the canvas you would like it to show.
- stamp the wording on tissue paper and the grasses on tissue paper.
- Add a clear glue medium to the place you want the title and grasses to go and stick on the tissue paper , add a layer of the medium over and leave to dry.
- Colour everything you want coloured on the base and set aside.
- Take some paper stamp the large stamp in Brown versafine ink or archival and the small butterfly X2 cut out in a rectangle and distress the edges. stamp all three images again , colour all and cut out mainly just the wing sections to add on top of the flat butterflies.
- Make sure all is coloured and edges are inked etc to your colour pallet and raise up on foam pads on the base piece you previously set aside.
- lastly add some gold wax of your choice to the edges and buff til shiney and a white pen to dot here and there always does something special with butterflies.
I hope you are having a great weekend and enjoying some crafting yourself. Don't forget to pop over and have a look at the website for Visible Image of come on to facebook and like the page to keep up with all the new releases etc. Don't forget to leave me a comment below and let me know what you think.