Thursday 4 December 2014

Creative expressions thursday

Good Mornng all.

Today features the new chalk board stamps I took onto Create and Craft TV for my last show as they are also this months DT stamps.

This one is the 'Lets mix things up ' stamp which I used simply onto some Taupe Foundations card of course from Creative Expressions and is part of the Neutral Card stock pack featured on many of our shows on C&C.

You will also notice I have used my favourite Plum Foundations card too, it is the perfect shade of purple and goes with many of the other cardstock colours we feature.



I started with Stamping several pieces of card for my backing pieces, On one I used Our Phil's Sentimentally yours Range of stamps featuring the Vintage sheet music and white ink. I also used the Tea and coffee background A6 stamp with Coffee Archival ink.

Moving forward I took a piece of the Plum card and embossed it with Couture Creations 5x7 embossing folder called Dandiya from the Romantique collection which I think is gorgeous , It has a central plate for a sentiment if you so wish it but has two separate patterns and it gives a lot of texture to your card which is what we all try to feature on our cards but this does it without bulk so it will still fit in an envelope too.




I have used Vintage photo Distress ink for all the edging on the main and central Chalk board stamped piece and also to highlight the Tea time Just Rite dies featured here, Isn't the tea bag and tag just adorable, I used a piece of Creative Expressions bakers twine as the string for dunking the tea bag haha. I also love how large the tea pot is and could be stamped on itself in many ways as it gives you a large clear surpace. The spoon die is also fab and part of the same set also.I had some Inch high wooden letters in my stash which I made good use of and also inked them and varnished them to finish off the card and a few 5mm white pearls for trimming.

Lots of matting and layering in Milk and Plum card plus the backing pieces I created from earlier all pull the card together with a bit of a Vintage edge with all its little modern twists.


I hope you liked todays card I know it was one of my favourites from my show and in person it is even better.

I want to say a huge thank you to all for your kind comments left again yesterday and I really appreciate all your offers of help and your kindness with everything. Your such a lovely Internet family each and everyone of you and I appreciate everyone.

Hugs to all

Love 

Kim
XXXX


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

14 comments:

  1. Hi Kim lovely card and great colours. Love the teapot, spoon and tea bag they are so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those dies Kim & you've shown them off perfectly......gorgeous purple card too. Hope you're well.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your purple Kim!
    It does look great and your card is fun.
    Tea in any form is always good!
    Have a good weekend and take care xxxxxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, the colours, everything Did you get my text?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card kim and the colours are just brill hope you are well and you're mum is ok. All my love to you always in my thoughts love nanna June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim,
    A wonderful card again today...love the colour and a nice cup of tea always warms the cockles of your heart.
    Take care Kim hugs to you and your Mum.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous card Kim and who can resist a lovely cup of tea out of a proper teapot, and I love the way you have included the teabag and tag on the end of the baker's twine string and the ornate teaspoon also that layer at an angle is a great designer touch. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim
    Another stunner today. I particularly like the embossing folder. I very unusual. Love the teapot,sadly however the teabag seems to have taken over our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evening Kim, cute card I'm with you on the purple, just love it. It's mainly tea bag in a mug at our house but I have a little 2 cup tea pot that I keep just for me when one cup isn't enough. Glad to hear you have some better news about your Mother, must be a weight off your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim,
    That is a delightful card - makes me want to have a cuppa. Love your teabag!
    Also like the embossing folder, useful to have different patterns on one page.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim, what a fab card, great colours, and use of different elements. Would be lovely to use as an invite to afternoon tea. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kim. A lovely card, I really like the tea bag (they don't taste as good as loose tea though do they) Glad to hear that your Mum is on her feet : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kim. Your work is amazing. Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kim, This is a fabulously quirky card, lovely colours, my faves.
    Thinking of you all.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete