Thursday 8 October 2015

Creative Expressions Thursday.

Hi Folks

Today is Thursday 8 October can you believe how fast this year is speeding away from us.... I was chatting to my brother on the telephone yesterday and he is building a kitty shed in his garden for the local kitties he adopts and feels sorry  for when they are out all weathers with winter coming , he currently has a kitty he adopted from a local factory cos he kept sneaking in and hiding under the warm machinery , see how soft we are lol ...of course today was a very wet one for most of us here in UK and we were no exception in Hertfordshire I took my daughter to the airport for her holidays  last night so I have a week on my own and she gets a nice sun filled week in Majorca.

So for a nice bright card I used some of the wonderful paper we were sent this month and a sentiment that goes with another stamp which I will be featuring this month too from of course Creative Expressions.

So without further waffling here is today's card.

 
I love the colours and the backing paper is simply stunning. It is by Craft Consortium from Creative Expression's and the 12x12 and is called Bloom beautiful and it is stunning no other word comes to mind.Here is the pad.




 I started with the blue colourway of this stunning thick paper which comes in a more purple tone too in the pack also. I cut a piece about 5x6 inches and matted it on to some cream card. I then added foam to the back and another layer of cream slightly more than half inch larger, to give it that double mat look.


I stamped my sentiment and inked the edges with the new blendable inks from Cosmic shimmer called colour cloud blending inks for Creative Expression's using the blendy tool which looks and feels just like the beauty blender for make up  haha.


I trimmed the top to look  like a little tag and punched a hole in the top, I added foam to the back and added this to the backing we created in the last steps.


I used some cream card and Sue's fab dies , from the finishing touches die sets this one is called Camellia complete petals. I cut several sizes and several leaves too.


I inked the edges with the blendable inks and then used a foam mat and a large ball tool to sculpt the petals into the shape I wanted the flowers to be in. I also cut out some leaves in cream and added some glass glitter which you all know I love.


I added a cream marabou feather to the left hand side of the card and on the spine I added some glue and mounted some tiny blue stones and some pearls
I made one large flower and two smaller ones which I tucked into the side of the larger one on top of all the leaves. I made some really simple ones for this first card and as I do a lot of inky goodies that are quite intricate I  kept this one simple before moving on to some flowers that take longer coming over the next couple of Creative Expression's Thursdays.



I think this paper would also look amazing to cover a special trinket box for someone to keep  too ... hmmm I feel a mixed media box coming on. What do you think?

I do hope you liked this one as it is far more clean and simple than I usually do but I like to keep the styles mixed and vary it from time to time too to suit other peoples tastes etc.

Have a wonderful Thursday and I will see you all soon . 

Hugs 

KIM
XXXX



8 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty card Kim and I love the die cut flowers and the feather with the gems and pearls down the middle and the sentiment which are gorgeous embellishments. I think with such a gloriously patterned paper the more cas treatment shows it off perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful car,d, think I may need to invest in the paper pad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful card and a fab. Paper pad. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paper Kim and you have made a pretty card with it , take care,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning - I must get this paper pad - love the flower and everything else about it
    Enjoy your week get some me time
    Hugs
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Kim,
    I SHALL REPLY to your email soon, I promise. Currently in a bit of a tizz, have lost £3K and am battling to get it back........
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim the card is beautiful love the backing papers beautiful colour.
    Hope you

    ReplyDelete
  8. And yours are well love always nanna June xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete