I made a nice little card with some Kraft cards sent to me with my Craftwork card goodies, so I made up another Christmas card for them! Of course I have to share it with you all to see if you like it and that I'm still on the right tracks.
I do love receiving your comments, as it's good to have another crafter's opinion too, I think! And also it keeps you grounded.
I just heard the sad news that Patrick Moore passed away earlier and it is very sad; he was a funny, eccentric guy but my late husband was a huge fan of his work so it's very sad. His family must be devastated at the loss so I want to pass on our condolences to his family. If you don't know who Patrick Moore was (have you been hiding forever?), he was a very clever scientist who had a very dry sense of humour and some, as I said, very eccentric ways, playing a xylophone on stage in said crazy manner was one of them, haha! But he was also a very nice man who found time to always help others too. R.I.P Patrick. My husband passed on the 14 Dec last year so maybe they are finally meeting up and having a chat now. Sad week ahead.
Now back to my little card...
- So i started with my Kraft card and cut out some red card for the base and the back pieces, sticking them on and setting them aside.
- Then cut an embossed swiss dot type card and rounded corners, and also inked edges to show up the dots and contrast with the red.
- I matted that on foam pads and onto a piece of checked paper from Craftwork cards Christmas pad, adding a small strip of American seem binding across the bottom before adding pads.
- Inside the embossed pad was some dye cuts of trees and birds etc so I took a tree x 2 and a circle to use as the moon and a long branch. I inked all pieces and added sparkle where needed and also punched out some circles from the sparkly gorgeous paper pad too for the baubles hanging from the tree.
- As this is going to be an Easel card I stuck my art panel to the base at this stage and attached my stopper which was a strip of card and a Happy New Year sign in gold and also and & sign as I new I wanted to have With Love at Christmas on the top piece.
- So I attached a piece of gold trellis to my dotty panel and then inked my moon with distress ink in chipped sapphire, a rich deep blue and covered it in a shimmery Sakura pan and water brushed it out to give a moonlight sparkle.
- Working on the tree next, I coloured 2 trees in gathered twigs and a coppery sakura pen, again water brushed out a little. The bottom layer I didn't fuss too much with but the top one I tried to have one side darker away from the moon etc. I stuck down the first piece then for dimension matted the next on foam and rounded it a little. The twig I mounted onto foam after colouring and added to the top of tree and in front of moon.
- I used a small piece of green ribbon in strips from the branch. and added a tiny tied piece to the top of 2 baubles I made from punch 1" circles out and mounting them onto a slightly larger piece of red card. I also pierced a small whole in each and added a jump ring and a tiny Chrystal that I added to a headpin and snipped off the excess. Some of the pics don't have the crystals and some do.
- I added them to the card and nice bow to the base of the tree with an iridescent sparkle in middle then I needed to dress the tree so I inked up some leaves and curled them added them randomly to cover the gaps in twigs and also I used some card candi in the Christmas designs to add to my tree.
- A Couple more stones and sentiment features and the last thing needed was a few flowers to the base and a leaf.
- Et voila.... done.
Oh Monday again and back to work and dragging my heels. I really am not enjoying these cold, dark mornings and would love to ship off somewhere new to start a new career... Ahhh... the dreams, haha!
Have a great week guys!
Let me know your thoughts on jewellery items added to cards for movement... What do you think?
Out for now...