Thursday 19 November 2015

Creative Expressions Thursday

Hi folks

Thanks to all who have left me messages on Tuesday's post.

Today I have something completely different for you all we have another of the Flower bouquet stamps from The fab Stamps to die for range which I have water coloured and teamed again with that lovely paper pack I am so addicted to and of course a little crochet lace ribbon can never go wrong hey...



So here is the very easy to follow tutorial for today's card.


 So for the card base I have a double layer of Latte card stock with a 5mm foam in between so quite a white gap.

Next I took a piece of the purple very shiny rose card from the Bloom Beautiful pad I have been using lots
And mounted it onto plum card I then wrapped a piece of crochet lace along the bottom over hanging slightly so the pattern would show off the edge.


Here is the pad I used so that it is easily identified.


 I added those two pieces together with again the wider foam tape.


So this time I took a smaller piece of the paper and using one of the new Christmas dies that I will use on my next project for Creative Expressions I cut out a rectangle from the paper and mounted that piece onto plum card then added that to the main body we already created again with foam.


So here you can see I stamped out the tulip bouquet However I did colour them a little rose bud like hehe.
I stamped it with currant adirondack ink which is water soluble so I used a water brush to pull in colour from the lines to soften the edge of the flowers and filed in with extra colour and added some green adirondack ink and mixed the colours for the leaves and stalks etc.


 I used a stardust glitter pen to add a tiny shimmer to the flowers again water brushing them out to give a nice sparkle. I also used a white gel en to add some highlights and shine to the petals and leaves.


 I cut out the bouquet fussy cutting and mounted it onto plum card and fussy cut again before adding it to the from of the card on an angle, I also too the piece of paper I cut out earlier from the other piece and added that to plum card ad raised up on foam for the from of the card, I also punched a hole in the top. I stamped the sentiment from the sunflower Bouquet and cut it out with a tag punch which I used some May arts jute string to attach after inking the edge with a little currant adirondack to match in with the flower colour.

Lastly I tied a Small jute string bow and added that to the tag attachment and some 8mm pearls to the corners and to cover the bow knot.
So a card that could be made fairly simply with lots of pretty layers and some gorgeous water colouring which I love for depth and dimension.
I have always loved water colouring and the way water disperses on a page and how we can turn it into art.
So I really enjoyed colouring these flowers in, I hope you will too.
Have a wonderful day folks and I look forward to catching up with you all very soon.

Much love 
With kind regards

Kim
XXXX

9 comments:

  1. I love the colours you have used Kim and such pretty colouring on the bouquet which coordinates beautifully with the background paper and lace, also the sentiment tag looks great with the twine and added pearl and I love the same pearls as a finishing touch in the other corners too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim this is a stunning card I love the design. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, stunning card. Love the colours used on the bouquet and the added touch of the stardust and white gel pen. Lovely finishing touches that co-ordinate beautifully together xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Kim
    What a stunner, love how you have painted the bouquet adding the stardust has made it sparkle
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Kim, I like the way the bouquet stands out , have a great week,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Longing to hear from you dear
    Hope all is well
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I know - where have I been Anyway I hope you had a great Christmas We need to sort out this coffee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where are you Kim ?miss you so much xxxxxxlovr nanna June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. just wanted to say happy Birthday Kim luvly been thinking of you hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete