Hope you had a lovely day Yesterday and you are enjoying spending time with loved ones and having a lovely Xmas break,
Today I have another card made using the Henna range of singles stamps from Creative expressions.
Something a little different I think.
'You are a fabulous friend'
I have lots of pictures with this one and a step by step guide so you can easily join in and make it with me, if you would like to.
It features the Henna Mosaic single stamp.
1. I took some light Kraft card and stamped the Mosaic 3 times with Perfect medium and embossed with True white embossing powder. I then hand cut the centre of 2 of the pieces out and used a gold circle die to cut out the largest piece. I also stamped out my sentiment from the Cathedral Lace stamp set and cut out using a spellbinders label.
2. I cut out 2 of the largest shapes from the Delicate doilies spellbinder set from ivory card.
3. I took another piece of Kraft card and stamped and embossed again with True white powder and perfect medium to create my backing piece.
4. I then used Vintage photo Distress Ink to go around the outer edge of every piece you have cut out already.
5. I then cut another piece of Kraft and used The Creative Expressions piercing ruler to go round the edge of this piece. Once complete mat onto Ivory card with a small edge.Set aside.
6. I wrapped 3 pieces of natural raffia around the bottom of the backing piece of card that we stamped earlier and a smaller piece I tied around all 3 pulling them together at one end.
I then matted it onto a piece of Ivory card.
8. Take the piece you matted earlier and add some dimensional foam to the back to raise it up from the backing card just a little, then add it to the backing pieces from earlier.
9. Adhere your 2 doilies to the top area of the card with cosmic shimmer glue as these need to be flush to the card.Then add foam to each of the Henna pieces and add the first to the card.
10. Build your other two pieces on top. Then tie a bow with more raffia and add this to the card. Then I wrapped a piece of jute cord and threaded the sentiment onto it and added that on top of the bow. I then added the ribbon rose.
11.Lastly, I added some large 8mm pearls to the Ribbon rose and the centre of the Henna centre piece.I also added smaller 5mm pearls to the Doilies as you will see in the last two pictures.
A different angle before the pearls were added.
A finished look at the card made from Kraft and Ivory card stock and white embossing for a different look.
I hope you enjoyed this step by step look at making this fairly simple card and hope you will join me for more tutorials so if there is anything you would like to see then please do not hesitate to drop me a line and I will of course add the pictures on to the blog.
Have a great Boxing day and I will be back really soon.