Its my turn to blog for Creative Expressions today and feature on their blog or if you have come over from there to here you will find a step by step today how to create my Just Because card.
I would like to welcome all the new people again to my blog and hope you will join in and leave comments and get involved with little competitions for blog candy etc, as soon as I reach 100 followers I have some fab prizes for you to try to win so please encourage your fiends to come join up and follow me too.
I had a question asked recently from Rachel how I created the letters on my 'HOME SWEET HOME' wall hanging so I thought I'd answer here in case anyone else wanted to know. I used air dry clay and a Martha Stewart alphabet Mould and once the clay had dried I used Treasure Gold wax and painted the letters then adhered them to the hanging. Hope this helps you Rachel and thank you for your question.
Back to today's Card so here it is.
With the start of December we received a new Design pack so this month we will be focusing on the new Henna range of stamps, The ones used on this card are the Henna floral corner and the Henna floral border stamps from the singles range which come already mounted on foam and are yummy.
I have taken lots of pics for you today as a step by step.
1. I embossed a piece of white card and then took three shades of distress ink and added them to the card, randomly with cut and dry foam.Set aside.
2. Take another piece of white card an inch bigger all around. Use perfect medium and stamp your Henna border stamp all the way around the card and emboss with Clear embossing powder.
3. Next use two of the same inks and colour over the embossing to leave a resist pattern on the card.Set aside
4. Take a small piece of black card ad stamp out your Henna floral corner opposite each other diagonally using distress stain in Picket fence. Then cut down to size, I went over the design with a white pen to make it a little brighter.
5. I stamped out My 'Just because' sentiment from the cathedral lace stamp set. and Cut out with one of the fancy Label 4 gold dies from spellbinders.I also dotted some white dots around the edge of the black card too.
6. I brought back the other two pieces and mounted them all together here, The middle one I wrapped some crochet ribbon and a some seam binding round it also before adding onto the bottom Matt.I cut a larger diecut from the gold 4 and sat a frame just under the black piece shown in this photo.You can see the seam binding I will be using for the bow etc too, I also cut and created two leaves from Heartfelt creations stamp and dies, also made by spellbinders.
9. Lastly I added some larger gems to the corners to complete this card, you can see the resist embossing here really well with the crushed olive distress ink in this corner.
Here is the completed card again.I did Matt this whole thing onto another black mat in the end for a double effect and to strengthen the card just a little more.
So I hope you enjoyed today's card, the finished dimensions are an 8 inch square just over. Feel free to ask any questions and leave your comments of course. I will be back very soon so take care.