Wednesday 29 July 2015

Visible Image Wednesday.

Hi folks

Hope you are all having a good week my treasures, honestly though you all mean so much to me so its been great reading your comments.
Today I had an interview so fingers crossed for me (day job).
I have created a bit of an old treasure, male card this afternoon using 2 sentiment June launch stamps only and some card etc.Some natural fabric and lots of watch bits and a bulb and some cogs.
See what you think ?

I hope you like it and can see how easily a man would find this one interesting, from the old photos to the fab sentiments and cogs.
So without further ado lets get into the tutorial.

 Take a  scrap of card almost square and keep stamping the Steal your future stamp in all directions rest some card over as a mask rather than double stamp anywhere. I used a archival ink in brown as I wanted to have that aged look.

 Same piece of card with lots of walnut stain distress ink around the edges to dry the ink, Mount the card onto some black card or a little matting to look goood lol...

 Take a piece of thinnish paper and stitch all around the edge in just a simple stitch like here I used running stitch and after inking the edges and the stitching mount this onto black card also.

Add the first piece to the 2nd piece leaving a gap down the side for some nice things.

 Add the whole piece to a piece of milk coloured card for our base.

 add a piece of hessian slightly frayed and stick it to the card. also add a strip of thin cheese cloth twisted and frayed also.

 Stamp out your sentiment on milk card with an embossing ink and clear embossing powder. Use the same walnut stain distress ink to add the shading and once at the desired shade and tone, simply rub the ink off the raised embossing and look at the lettering to see if you are happy.

 I took some tim holtz paper and on one page were about 20 photos  still to be sorted.I took the paper and distressed and inked the edges I also curled up the paper in place and added my cogs and embellishments.I also added a couple of adage tickets of timmies too.


Here is the bottom right corner.

 Bottom left plus embellishments.

 Bottom right with old watch cogs etc.

 Top right.


Top left. 
 completed card side angle. With lots of embellishments.

A close up, I hope you  like it .
And the original photo one last time.


I do enjoy making a male themed card.

Here are the two stamps I used.



I hope you enjoyed this 2 stamp tutorial and that you have a go with some old bits and pieces you think could be used as embellishments , I had randomly some old watch parts and some newer cogs etc and old button with the shank cut off too anything goes as long as it isn't too heavy. 
Have a great day my friends and I will be back of course tomorrow.

Huge huge hugs.

Love 
Kim 

XXXX

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, a great card for the men I think !
    Hope your interview goes well,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,
    Brilliant card for males. Fingers crossed for your interview.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely masculine card Kim and love all the embellishments and the sentiments and all so beautifully distressed and organic. Hope the job interview comes up trumps! x

    ReplyDelete