Sunday 9 September 2012

Especially for you

Hello Crafters
First of all Happy Sunday, Hope your all having a great weekend out there in blog land, I've been tucked up in bed most of it with a rotten cold so no new posts last couple of days. Today I got up and decided I must get some new cards to photo and share with you all.

I found this lovely little topper of the Hedgehog in the pinny watering her Daisies in the garden and wondered what I could do to bring it to life. 
  • Firstly, I added some glossy accents to the middles of the Daisies Which looked pretty I added some also into the water can but somehow it wasn't enough to look like water so then I added some micro beads (these things are actually smaller than a pinhead.) the effect was lovely although you can't really see by the photo but it looks like water spilling over.
  • Next I matted it onto a toning piece of card stock.
  • I took an 8x8 base card (which I use a lot as I like the amount of room this square shape gives you to create.) And found a lovely green backing paper I inked it slightly to give it a bit more tone and found it looked a bit flat so added some lace embellishments in the form of rub ons to the bottom of the card and also to the top left and bottom right for balance to the topper to be placed.
  • I wrapped a thin ribbon around the green backing paper and made a messy bow ready to add at the end to match.
  • So I stuck down the and added the topper onto the lace rub on added earlier. I took a sentiment and distressed it a little and used a little white pen to go over the 'Especially for you ' text as it looked a little too perfect. 
  • I attached my Bow and then found some lovely natural flowers in my crafty stash so added a few top right and bottom left again with the balance in mind. and my last addition was to added a small flourish which I cut down from a larger one in my kit. to beside the sentiment.
  • Of course I added an insert as I feel no card is complete without something to finish the inside whether it's a matted and layered sentiment or a personalised text or even a pretty paper with a sentiment but never a blank card. 
So that's today's card, hope you liked it and that you pop by an see the extra items to be added this week.
Kim x

No comments:

Post a Comment