Friday 21 September 2012

Kanban New Card..

Hi All!

Laying in bed at 11.48 pm, so posting today's card from here. I was so exited my new Kanban kit arrived today, yay! So I thought I would dip in with a really feminine little number. I really enjoyed working with it and love the new lighter weight cardstock, but I loved the other card anyway. Kanban use mostly uncoated card so you can carry on and ink over the top and I do that a lot.

I searched my stash and couldn't find a flower that I liked to match this one so I made one using some flat paper flowers and I inked it and spritzed it with Cosmic shimmer sprays, which I love with all that sparkly Mica. Ta da! The flower:

  • I chose my topper and background card to start... Then used weathered wood Distress and inked the edges and corners really well. I have a small flourish polymer stamp and I over-stamped the corners and all around the page.
  • Matting this onto the Kraft cardstock I chose to use this horizontally, not vertically for this one, you can just see the lines in the picture but it feels fab.
  • I added the border across the middle of the card. Then matted and layered some kraft again onto some black card.with a lattice punched peice of paper from Craftwork cards.
  • Then I used some foam pads to raise this mat away from the card a little. Adding my topper of the wonderful Roses, I went round the petals with a sakura stardust pen and made them twinkle a little. I got carried away and added it to every swirl I had over stamped onto the blue cardstock too.
  • I made my bow from three lengths of American seam binding, which is amazing. Using the spritzer spray I added a little to the edges and scrunched it a little. Adding it to the corner I covered the centre with a matching sparkly button with a blue Aurora Borealis coating. I added some bling and a sentiment.
  • I matted and layered a sentiment inside too and made a matching box.
I added the picture of it to Facebook and Dawn Wheeler commented and said it was fantastic and so pretty! Shes so lovely and works of course for Kanban so I'm glad she enjoyed seeing my card.

I don't know if anyone saw QVC tonight but I enjoyed an hour of Craftwork cards with the Lovely Julie Hinkly, I got lots of inspiration. I just love their products, as you see from this blog I use their
crafty goods all the time.

Anyways, happy Friday folks, I'm working a half day tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that.
Kim xx


No comments:

Post a Comment