Laying in bed at 11.48 pm, so posting today's card from here. I was so exited my new Kanban kit arrived today, yay! So I thought I would dip in with a really feminine little number. I really enjoyed working with it and love the new lighter weight cardstock, but I loved the other card anyway. Kanban use mostly uncoated card so you can carry on and ink over the top and I do that a lot.
I searched my stash and couldn't find a flower that I liked to match this one so I made one using some flat paper flowers and I inked it and spritzed it with Cosmic shimmer sprays, which I love with all that sparkly Mica. Ta da! The flower:
- I chose my topper and background card to start... Then used weathered wood Distress and inked the edges and corners really well. I have a small flourish polymer stamp and I over-stamped the corners and all around the page.
- Matting this onto the Kraft cardstock I chose to use this horizontally, not vertically for this one, you can just see the lines in the picture but it feels fab.
- I added the border across the middle of the card. Then matted and layered some kraft again onto some black card.with a lattice punched peice of paper from Craftwork cards.
- Then I used some foam pads to raise this mat away from the card a little. Adding my topper of the wonderful Roses, I went round the petals with a sakura stardust pen and made them twinkle a little. I got carried away and added it to every swirl I had over stamped onto the blue cardstock too.
- I made my bow from three lengths of American seam binding, which is amazing. Using the spritzer spray I added a little to the edges and scrunched it a little. Adding it to the corner I covered the centre with a matching sparkly button with a blue Aurora Borealis coating. I added some bling and a sentiment.
- I matted and layered a sentiment inside too and made a matching box.
I don't know if anyone saw QVC tonight but I enjoyed an hour of Craftwork cards with the Lovely Julie Hinkly, I got lots of inspiration. I just love their products, as you see from this blog I use their
crafty goods all the time.
Anyways, happy Friday folks, I'm working a half day tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that.