Wednesday 3 October 2012

Gnpe xmas card.

Good Evening Folks
Well tonight I was coming home from doing a couple of hair cuts..(past life) lol
Another form of art hey.
Well it dawned on me how cold windy and rainy it was and that's when it hit.. winter is clawing at our heels again.. errrkkk. I don't like the cold at all, it makes me miserable but at least we put on heating and cuddle up and craft, some don't have that so no more feeling sorry just get on with the craft I say... My daughter has a good way to get hot though as I lay up here cuddled up and getting warm she is downstairs leaping around getting fit to Shaun T and his Insanity workout programme. It's quite soothing listening to the rhythmic sounds of her feet pounding on the floor over and over and over.. hmmm maybe not but it works she is very fit and tiny.
Anyway enough of my ramblings... Still using my lovely Bohemian kit from Craftwork cards I challenged myself to make a xmas card .
The sparkly paper is so pretty I knew I could and I already had their sentiments in the little round disks so off I went.
  • I used a card blank I got from QVC the other week which had baubles hanging on the sides so using that as inspiration I cut a piece of black card in half and made sure they were the same.
  • Then chose a piece of paper and cut the parts I wanted from it to mat on to the black pieces.
  • I took a strip of paper and punched the edge making it decorative. Then punched some large circles and some slivers of black card.
  • It was just a case of mounting it on foam and matting and layering the baubles with the sentiment circles on the front of the card, using the black slivers as chain replacements for the baubles and adding lots of Candi in strategic places.
  • On the inside I matted again the same paper on black and added another couple of baubles with the sentiment sayings for Xmas and then noticed on the left hand side I managed to pick up a bit of ink on my nice white card... arrrggg oh nooooo , don't you just hate that so I punched out a strip to match the front and added that to left side and then punched small bauble shapes and added the black slivers as little chain type hangers for the balls.
  • I added my name stamp to the back as always to finish off.
I'm happy with the result I know we all love a good traditional Xmas card with Santa and Rudolf etc but I think there is also a place for some classy and elegant designs too and the paper from this pad definitely fits the bill.
I posted all my samples up to the girls at Craftwork cards today so they will have them for the show at the weekend, I really wish I  was going with them but I wish them all a really happy and fab time at the show and hope it is really productive too.
Have a good one Girls.
Have a great Thursday all.
Kim xx


No comments:

Post a Comment