I would like to say a huge Happy New Year to all that didn't see any of my facebook messages and I hope 2014 is a great one for everyone. I also want to say welcome to all the new ladies to the blog I am still waiting for a few gentlemen to arrive too haha.
Today we have a twofer on the blog so enjoy xx
We have turned the corner on a new month and a new year so we have a new set of stamps arrive in the post to work with for Creative Expressions. We were all sent some gorgeous new handbag stamps and the older Vintage dress form images too. So today I decided to work with one of the handbags.
I used inks that react with water so I could drag out the colour with a water brush and glittered over with some gorgeous Diamond snow glitter, I actually had to take a piccy of it its so fine this one.
I combined a spellbinder m-bossibility folder with a die cut for dimension and stamping with water colouring. so here is the finished image.
- I started with a piece of milk card cut to size and ran through my GC with the embossing folder Called Celtic Knot. Once done I inked the pattern and edges til I had all my embossing highlighted with Tattered Rose Distress ink.
- I matted this piece onto black card with a tiny layer of the black showing only and cut to size.
- I matted again onto more milk the some gorgeous dark red.
- I die cut a Spellbinders Elegant labels 4 and inked all the edges again with tattered Rose DI and raised that on 3mm foam onto the embossed piece matted and layered earlier.
- I stamped out my purse onto some coconut white card with Brilliance Cocoa Bean ink and used a water brush to drag some of the colour as it was a reactive with water ink. then on a tile I added some more tattered lace and some brilliance inks which are very rich in pearl essence. I continued to colour my image building the shade and highlights with each layer. Drying in between and keeping kitchen paper in my hand to dab excess water all the time.
- once dry I added tiny parts of the diamond snow glitter to the image and then fussy cut by hand the whole image.
- I turned it over wrong side up after drying and placed it onto a foam embossing mat, I used a ball tool to dome out the roses in the pattern and where the material would be bulging out. I then added a foam square to the middle and cosmic shimmer glue to the edges and mounted onto more of the deep red card. which I cut out with a tiny border by hand.
- I stamped my sentiment onto My labels 4 at the bottom then glued the handbag to the top of it.
- Next I cut out several flowers with Donna Salazar for spellbinders rose creator but I didn't use it as a rose flower this time, I just layered it. , some card swirls and some water coloured leaves which I die cut and shaped also From a Heartfelt creations stamp and die set..
- I added them all to the card and some 8mm flat back cream pearls. This card took me just over 1 hour so a fairly quick one today.
I also have My baby card which I made on Sue's show on the 15th on C&C to show on request here.
On the show I made the girly version in shades of pink which was yummy also.
- I started by stamping the large Alphabet soup Just Rite stamp out onto blue foundation card and embossing in white giving it that wedgewoody impression.
- I covered that once cut even all around and sprinkle over diamond sprinkles glitter. i then mounted this onto some milk card. I diecut a blue Becca Feakin Labels die once in blue and ran it through the Tied together Couture Creations embossing folder and then I cut it in milk and whilst in the die inked through it with stormy sky Distress ink if blue or Spun sugar in pink.I also cut the smaller label die in the pack with this set and cut it in half to mount onto the back of the larger diecut.
- I cut a small slit in both ends with a craft knife and took two small offcuts of seem binding in matching blue( or pink) I threaded it through the slit attached the half label and threaded the ribbon back through the loops and added a small silver flat back pearl either side.
- I took a larger piece of milk card and stamped the feet from the baby set along the bottom and the word baby along the top in pale versions of the same colours.
- I ran the whole piece through the tied together folder in the GC.I the used a quickie glue pen to go around the feet and the words and glittered it with Diamond snow.
- Then I matted it onto some matching card. I just needed to put it all together and add a little something something, in the end that turned into a felt flower which I added a little glitter and a pearl too also some gorgeous seam binding and some matching bakers twine.
- I stamped the gorgeous sentiment from the bundle of joy vintage labels 5 from Just rite
- I also stamped the vintage pram from the same set and embossed it in white again on the matching card. be it pink or blue or both if you are really lucky haha. ( The pram reminds me of the old silver cross prams around years ago, who had one of them? )
- The felt flower was cut using the spellbinder spiral die 3 or 4 I think I cant remember but any of those spiral dies cut the felt amazing if it has wool in it as the Creative one does and cuts as Sue says like butter. I often use the bitty blossoms die to cut it too.
Well ladies I hope you enjoyed today and please leave me your comments as you know how I welcome and enjoy reading them. Be sure to check back as I do try to answer all the comments as It is great to know who you all are so that as the shows build up we will know you when you email etc.
I like the personal touch , and then at shows it will be like old friends ( hope that isn't too corny for you lol).
anyway ladies enough of my ramblings have a wonderful day and see you tomorrow.