Today I have a card made for Visible Image as they have started a new challenge for January with the theme of Anything goes and the fabby prize is to win £20 pounds worth of stamps of your choice from their gorgeous and extensive line of goodies.
All you have to do is use at least one of your collection of Visible Image stamps on your creations and add it to the blog and at the end of the month the winner will be informed of their gorgeous winnings. Simples... so why not give it a try come on...
Decembers winner will be announced on the Visible Image blog later today.
So here is my card, something inky but a little different for me, I got to try out my colouring skills today. yayy.
This is 'MAX'
Pretty cool isn't he, and not only him but the wall and the graffiti and the chains and you rock are all gorgeous Visible Image stamps hot off the press.
- I started with some smooth white card and stamped my 3/4 wall with coffee bean Brilliance ink which is pearly and dried it. It's a repeating stamp that lines up perfectly so its easy to build a structure.
- I then used black archival and stamped the chains. While I was at it, On another bit of card I stamped out max in archival and really swiftly tipped on clear embossing ink which set rather nicely once melted on the card. I did the same with the You Rock sign but embossed three times.
- Next I added first red and then blue graffiti drips and started work on the sky, I added a moon mask and gradually brought in the ink colours for the sky.
- I added the colour using a mask of clouds to get a few slightly darker, I also added another mask with houses and drew on the inside to have the silhouette showing visibly.I added all the highlights with a white paint pen and the glitter for instance around the moon etc.
- I turned my attention to using my Promarkers to colour my Max image.
So you can see all the colours I used to create each labelled item , I started light to dark until the hair which is done differently with small feather like strokes and the dark is added at the roots quite early on.Once It was complete I used a very light ice grey to go around the outside of the stamped image I then cut it out and added mounting foam to the back.I mounted the entire picture onto red card and then a double mat of black card.I stuck Max down mid card and I made a U shape from black card and built up the layers of foam in the middle I used 3 layers. I mounted the max rocks sign onto first red card then on black.
You can see more of the sign etc here.So that is it the finished Image I hope you liked this one, which was created entirely with Inks of varying types.This is my inspiration for the 'Anything Goes' challenge for January so come on get making yours.We have also been running a design team call at Visible Image for a little while now and I am pleased to say the lovely Owners Helen and Mark whom I am proud to call my friends have selected some very talented new ladies to join the blog and a couple to guest on the blog too and once everyone has been told it will be announced who got in, so good luck to all.So I will add here which stamps I used.How cool are they ? I enjoyed having a little play with them.See you tomorrow on here for more Visible Image.LoveKimxxxx