A very good morning to you all and I hope you have been having a very good weekend. Did you all get lots of crafting done? what project are you working on right now? Does anyone need any help with anything today. ? Any crafty questions?.
I have of course been using my gorgeous and amazing Visible Image stamps today and I thought I'd do a masculine card today as we mustn't leave the fellas out hey girls, well not all the time anyway hehe.
- I took a piece of black card and mounted it onto white.I the took a piece of grey and drew faux stitching in a runner style stitch around it.I added this to the card too.
- I took my small strip of corrugated card and added it over the left edge of the grey card down the length of the card.
- I used some brown archival in and stamped the sentiment onto some white card and cut into a v one end and a tag shape the other, which was mounted onto black, I cut out this by hand leaving just a very thin matt showing, I used a little vintage photo distress to edge the white card too.
- I stamped out my Men's collage in the same Sepia brown and fussy cut by hand the image I used vintage photo and faded jeans distress Inks on this piece. Once it was dry I apply a versamark pen to the pocket watch and parts of the car and embossed with clear powder, I did a couple of layers for a nice shiny smooth finish.I matted this piece onto black and again fussy cut by hand. I added foam to the back and set aside.
- The next piece was on white card ad I took The Bronte script stamp and used versamark ink and clear embossing powder to create some script randomly on the page just in a few areas.
- Then I used first faded jeans Distress and the grunge dots background stamp to add some pattern onto the card along the bottom. I wiped the stamp and switched to dried Marigold and a little rusty hinge on the edges and used the dots at the top of the card.
- I took a pair of scissors and distressed all the edges of the card and then started to ink the card ad over the embossing and pattern.
- You all now know my method to inking, side side middle one colour and side side middle the other colour. this time I used dried marigold and faded jeans with a little rusty hinge and chipped sapphire on the edge and lastly for inks I used some walnut stain on the very edges and rubbed into the torn edge. I knew I wanted to curl one corner so rubbed some chipped sapphire under one edge and rolled it up whist damp with the ink and it dries stiffly then.
- I added foam under this piece and added it on a jaunty angle to the card base made earlier.
- I added the car collage on top of this.Tucking the sentiment under it as I adhered it.
- lastly just to dress the card with a few embellishments and I chose very masculine metal pieces for this one.
Here are some close up pictures.
Here you can see the stitching and the popper in metal added to the corner.
This one shows the shine on the Embossing really well.
The colours show here.
Here are the brilliant and very deep etched stamps I used today.
Men's Collage No matter your age.
They also have a private group on facebook with lots of lovely friendly people where you see lots of
daily inspiration from the design team plus we go on most days to chat to you all. You can also post your cards you made using Visible Image stamps too. So I have also left a link here if you fancy coming and joining just for a chat. If you do come and join here.
So I hope you have a brilliant Sunday and you can come and leave me a comment , it is so lovely seeing the same and new faces come and leave me messages on here , I will always try to answer your comments as it is lovely to acknowledge you all for being here.
I have a birthday coming up on the 26th so that week I will again be doing another competition so You will need to be a member of the blog and leave me a comment on that post and I will have some gorgeous things to come out to you, Including spellbinders etc so definitely worthwhile entering so tell all your friends to come and join and we will have a fun week, of course ending with my first solo show which I am preparing for now so hope you will join me on the 30th for that.
Big hugs to all