I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. My daughter was out on her works Christmas meal ( can you believe that) and was a ball too, she left here looking like a princess bless her. They apparently had turkey and all the trimmings so yum yum hey ( unless you had enough turkey to last another year haha.)
Anyway I digress so back to the wonderful Visible Image stamps and I had another play with their Happily ever after stamp pack. Last time I used the gorgeous castle I had drawn in a wall and created a scene, this time I have created a scene but an Indoor one looking out through a patio door.
Take a look.
- I started this one by stamping out the castle and colouring it, I created the sun over the building using Promarkers for this one and Momento ink to stamp with as it doesn't bleed out with alcohol inks.
- next I stamped the very top of the castle to create the little picture on the wall and again coloured that too, more subtly.I cut out on my die cutting machine a window and then cut the doors again and added them on top of the first die cut one for a little more stability.
- I also die cut a small fence and painted it black and added gilding wax I placed it inside the window to give the impression of distance with the castle in the background.
- I wanted to create a curtain at the window so I took some thin card and scored it every half cm and gathered it into its concertina and took another piece of the same card but with gilding wax on it to use for the tie back, I punched a hole in the end and used a brad with a tassel for the trim.
- I stamped both sentiments and cut out by hand and attached onto some black card and cut again and added to the top and bottom of the curtain.
- The vase I cut out by hand and drew a couple of swirls and a flower onto it, I made a little flower bunch for inside and added the large flower as trim , I shaped it on a foam mat to make it easier to mould it into a dome shape around the flowers.
I raised the window layer up on very large foam pads in two layer so it would have around a 6-8 mm gap. The windows open and shut however you want them, If you were posting it you could send it with a little sign saying open or something I guess, might be a little bit of fun.
Here are some more photos of this card.
Here's My little vase.
And the wall art haha.
A close up on the bottom sentiment.
Here is the gorgeous set of stamps I used.
Have a great day everyone and I hope you like this different card, it is very much like a scene I think and I really enjoyed colouring with the promarkers to get the blends in the sun etc.
What are you all up to this Sunday?