Wednesday 25 March 2015

Visible Image Wednesday

Hi folks

Hope you are having a good week , I cannot believe how fast weeks pass by.

A while ago we were challenged as you all know  By Visible Image to create something with  a stamp thought of as a backing stamp I was sent the stamp set called Edgy and I used one of the Verses from The Make me Smile set to create this shimmery card below.
It has lots and lots of texture and glitter too.

See what you think?

A little different hey I kinda think it has that Girly Grunge vibe to it hence why I think the Edgy stamps were perfect for this one.
You can see the backing as created in layers of inks and embossing then glitter before adding its central section.


Here is a couple of shots showing the background and how I coloured it with the inks and then some copper embossing and some turquoise embossing, I flicked paint in Sepia colours and white ink also  to add to the images but the Edgy stamps give that random but uniform dotty pattern that looks so great stamped in so many different ways here from ink to water bleaching on ink to paints and embossing.


Once this was complete I added some black and white mat and layers to finish it off nicely and set aside to start on the centre piece.


For the central section  I stamped out the Perfect sentiment in  Versamark ink with clear embossing and used my Tumbled glass Distress ink to filter the blue from the writing out onto the white card , Usually when we cut a die cut or something like that we bring in the colour from the edge  inwards so the darkest is at the very edge then gets lighter toward the centre well If I did that I would or could have used a different colour embossing like the copper or a Gold to match but sometimes that isn't as punchy as white and I knew I didn't want to use a plain one colour piece of card so I worked very lightly and brought in the ink from behind the writing and filtered it outwards and then added more  layers until it had the saturation I was looking for behind the white.
I then added some more edgy stamping in Rusty Hinge Distress ink around the edge and filter in a little Vintage Photo ink and heat set all. I then added some more versamark ink and some WOW embossing powder in clear with turquoise glitter to give it its sparkle. again more mats and this centre was complete.
I added some small card pieces I inked and embossed to the top and bottom of this too before mounting onto the background finished earlier.

 The finishing touches once assembled was the tiny Turquoise stones on the decals top and bottom to keep with the colour. I know I have said this many times and I am sure Mark and Helen from the fabby Visible Image Team that make these lovely stamps for us would agree this is so so sparkly when you have it in your hands , probably one of my sparkliest cards actually and yet without the wonders of technology my little camera just does not seem to pick up how encrusted with sparkle and shine it truly is.
But believe me this is like a party in a glitter ball explosion haha or something like that haha...


So the stamp sets I used to create my little Glitteratti Girly Grunge affair was.....


Make me smile set.                                               Edgy Set.

I really enjoyed creating this and I hope you  all try something simple with stamps you think is only a backing stamp because just by using a tiny part of the stamp randomly you can build patterns and depth with tone on tone inks and embossing and so many different mediums including simply water spritzed onto a stamp to remove colour too. Try it by just limiting the stamps you used on one small piece of left over card first and maybe two or three ink colours you love together and see what happens.... I would love to see it too...

Have a Wonderful Wednesday my friends

Love
Kim 
XXXX



15 comments:

  1. Morning Kim
    Stunning card - love how you give us your tutorial but I think I need you next to me in my craft room
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol
      Thank you so much for your kind words as always my friend. I will be in your craft room soon I hope Mrs haha.
      Sipping on a cuppa helping where I can.
      Looking forward to it very much.
      Hugs
      Kim xx

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Kim, I love, love, love, this background and the colours used, and the texture created, fabulous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia
      I am so pleased you like it sometimes when I do the more funky pieces I worry that people will like the texture and I am so happy you do .
      Thanks again
      Hugs
      Kim xxx

      Delete
  3. Good Morning Kim, I love, love, love, this background and the colours used, and the texture created, fabulous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow kim this is stunning it's just beautiful bet it took ages to get a result like this Thank you for sharingove to you and yours xxxxxxxxxxxxnanna June xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nanna
      I love that you like this Nana June it did take a while but it is all about layering to build up so it doesnt muddy the colours together.
      Huge special hugs for you
      Kim xxx

      Delete
  5. Wow, this is awesome! I will look at my backing stamps in a different way from now on! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris
      I am so so pleased to hear you will look at stamps differently it is all about why we arehere to look outside the box and show what else can be done with these fab stamps and these are the best.
      Huge thanks for leaving your comment, I appreciate the time
      Hugs
      Kim xx

      Delete
  6. Amazing work Kim! This is definitely VERY sparkly and shimmery in the flesh, and the texture is superb! Love the turquoise against the coppery tones. Great choice of sentiment too Kim :) Thank you for another brilliant step by step tutorial today xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh thanks for stopping by and your kind words and verification on the sparkles hehe
      huge hugs Helen
      Kim xxxxxx

      Delete
  7. The colours and texture from the glitter is amazing Kim and the topper with the pretty edge and then the gems makes this a smashing card and certainly makes you think about background stamps in a different way. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat
      Nice to see you as always. Thank you for being here and for your kind words as always my dear. I am so pleased you like this one as it is a different one But its so good to set yourself a challenge out of the box and its great fun coming up with different items.
      Hugs to you
      Kim xxx

      Delete
  8. This is a great card Kim, I love the colours , great step by step,
    XxxxxRuth

    ReplyDelete