Thursday 31 October 2013

1st Creative post

Hi all

Today is my first post for Creative Expressions and so I wanted to do a wall hanging with all the goodies given to me to create with.
I had been given this MDF wooden shape in my DT stash so I thought it lends itself to a pretty crackled look. So without further ado here it is.
  • I started by painting the plaque with some acrylic paint in grey.
  • Then crackle glazed the entire piece.
  • I covered this once dry with a contrasting colour usually a lighter shade, I used a beige tone to see the cracks below.
  • Sand back the edges and add wax.I used, Cast Bronze,amethyst and Enchanted Gold.
  • Stamp out the outline of stamps I am using The Winter flowers set  and I coloured them with Creative expressions Shimmering Iridescent Watercolour Paints.
  • I stamped my sentiment onto Coconut white card and layered onto a mat of soft gold card.I added some Burlap string to the top for a hanger and for a bow and some metal embellishments which I used the Enchanted gold wax on to highlight the raised sections.
  • I added crackle glaze to the flowers in a thick coat so it will crack nicely.
  • lastly I used the pearl glue to dot little dots  all over just for a tiny bit more dimension.
I hope you enjoyed this first project

 

 I know I enjoyed creating it for you.

 Here is a close up of the sentiment.

My day to to blog for  Creative Expressions with be Thursday from now on so please check back each week to see what I create using the products so far. If you have any questions please ask and if you would like to leave a comment I will always reply and appreciate every one left. 
I will be doing a little competition when I get to my first 100 followers too so If you would like to take part tell your friends to stop by and join in.

Also Don't forget anyone in the Essex area I am in Wickford doing my first Demo for Creative on gilding flakes and Waxes so do come to Wickford arts and crafts Saturday 10-4 if you can make it.

Of course last but not least do join up on the Creative Blog too so you can follow along with everything we take part in too.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely project Kim, the flowers look very striking and I love the crackle. Gorgeous embellishments too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to you visiting us in Wickford on Saturday at In2crafting and seeing your creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful project! I love the colors and the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project, love the colour of the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Kim I'm thrilled you're part of The Creative Expression Team. Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Sam. nice to have you here. Kim x

      Delete