Sunday 6 October 2013

Visible Image Sunday

Hi Folks

Well what a fabulous weekend  I have had, not only did I receive a fabulous new stamp from the superb Visible Image , and wow Ripped Fishnet.. Oooo Er mrssssssssssssss.
However.. I went a different route with it.
What do you think ?
 I liked this stamp as soon as we were told it was coming and this was the idea that popped in, Unfortunately you can't see all the glitter embossing too well in this photo but it is sooo shiny.

Here is the best |I can get of the glitter ,its all over the butterflies and in the corners and edges.
boy does it shine.
  •  I started by stamping my Ripped Fishnet stamp in black archival ink all over the page as closely as i could match it up.
  • I then took my Peacock feathers DI and Shabby shutters Ink and I blended it together all over the page , I spritzed with water.and dabbed with kitchen paper.
  • I stamped my bronte border with brown to start off with which I then blasted with heat and rubbed with my anti-static pad, til it was really dry. If it isn't dry it will pick up the embossing where it isn't needed. I then used the bronte border again with Versamark ink and embossed with True white embossing powder, again all random.
  • I then used the Large tall grass stamp and gold embossing power along the bottom edge. I set this aside after again blasting with heat and making sure it all dry.
  • I stamped lots of black butterflies large and small and,  The hang in there, Sentiment from the Chandelier set. I coloured the butterflies with the matching Inks and a water brush. then covered them in Versamark ink and added iridescent embossing powder and tipped in glitter too. and heated ... wow the bling is amazing in my craft light.(shame about the camera).
  • I took the background and did the same as above by rubbing the Versamark over the edges and corners of the card and covered in the same embossing and glitter and heated. This you can see in the close up pic above.
  • I cut a rounded square from a Spellbinder Die in white card which had self adhesive double sided paper attached to it , peeled off one side and dipped it into micro beads, I used a very thin amount of versamark on the edges and dipped it into gold embossing powder and heat set. I then cut out my 'Hang in there' sentiment with a smaller rounded square Spellbinder Die and added foam to the back and sat on top of the micro beads.
  • Lastly I layered the butterflies and added to the base.
  • I mounted the whole thing onto cream card with a tiny border and then onto a double mat of black card.

The next project I did was completely random but I love this style of blending the colours on the backgrounds.


So Basically this started exactly the same as the other one but I used , rusty hinge ink on the fishnet stamp and in the blending  also dried marigold , Honey , fired brick on the edges and through the Circle template. I used the Bronte border the same way with white embossing powder.
  • I mounted it onto black and then cream added a red velvet ribbon and then mounted again onto black. 
  • I stamped the Hearts entwined verse and blended some rusty hinge and a little dried marigold on the edge and mounted on cream and black added some bling and raised up on foam and added to the base. 
  • I used some pink jute and made two figure of eights for opposite corners of the sentiments and added a rose on top of that. with two leaves on each.
  • I had some velvet that looked like vines in a dark bluey /green and added them underneath both the flower ensembles.
  • Lastly I added a sparkly gem to the bow and I cut a piece of the vine (odd looking stuff but hey it worked with the theme., it looked like lots of hearts so I cut one out and added a red gem to it and added this then to the edge of the sentiment.
Soo I was saying Not only did I receive a lovely new stamp Friday to create all this inky goodness but I also Got asked to do a project for a magazine so I then received yet another gorgeous stamp set to create with and it is gorgeous. It is the Immortal Love set from Visible Image.

And Today I was at a brilliant demo day with a some lovely ladies and I got to play with one of them's Melt pot and create a couple of goodies , Tracey thanks so much for the lovely day.

I also have some brilliant news to share but can't yet .hufffle Ive got pegs on my fingers so I don't tell just yet lol
I want to thank all the new people who have joined the blog recently , as everyone knows I will be running a little comp when I get my first 100 and I want to say all your comments are always extremely valued and I appreciate and answer every one so thanks for coming to the blog.

All the stamps that I used for both these cards are of course  Visible Image and are below this post so why not head over and take a look for yourself.





Have a brilliant Sunday guys.. erkkk Monday is looming and I am back to work after 2 weeks off so I am already dreading it especially as I can't play with my Inks at my work desk. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Crafty Hugs..


Kim 
xxxx





8 comments:

  1. These are both gorgeous :) x So much to look at!
    Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Nicky , i appreciate all your comments xx

      Delete
  3. Two fab projects! Love the colours!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning projects Kim! Love the magical feel I get from the first one, the design is incredible... such a superb idea. Love all the fabulous sparkle and it's a genius way of using the fishnet stamp! Gorgeous! The Autumnal feel to your second project is wonderful... stunning colours and layout. Love it! Thank you so much, you're one very talented lady and we are lucky to have you on the team! Hope 'back to work' isn't too painful today...can't wait to hear more about your exciting news! Hugs, Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhhhhhh thanks so much Helen, that really does mean a lot to me. Blushes... xxxx

      Delete