I hope your enjoying the blog hop currently running with Creative Expressions. I am really looking forward to finding out who are the lucky winners of all the goodies available so don't forget to leave your comments on the post below which is also the start of the hop and will take you to the next person in the chain.
Today is my day to create something new for CE and I am using the Winter flowers stamp set, this week I have used the Crocus to focus on.
As you can see I gave the sentiment a curve as I glued it to the card for interest.
- I started by stamping the crocus three times. I coloured them in with distress inks.
- Then cut out all three with a curved square die. I also cut the matching mats in the larger size for all three.
- I mounted to of the Plum mats on the diagonal onto cream card and added the crocus previously cut out square on. I stamped out the name Crocus on each of them and embossed in gold.
- Next, I added the middle mat and crocus but this time raised on foam into the centre.
- At this stage I matted the whole thing onto some plum card and I rounded the corners.Then layered onto gold card.
- I wrapped some green double sided ribbon onto the bottom on the card and again matted the whole thing onto cream card.
- I stamped out my sentiment 'Warm winter wishes' on cream, cut out with a decorative die and mounted onto plum card. This was then added to the bottom of the card on top of the ribbon in the centre with a slight curve for interest.
- I added a small bow to the middle crocus with a small dazzler in the centre. And lastly some small flat back pearls in the corner finished the project.
Have a great Thursday.