Sunday 24 November 2013

Visible Image Sunday

Hi Everyone.
Welcome to all the new ladies that joined this week from the Blog hop we have been running for Creative Expressions this week, the winners will be announced on their news blog on Monday and I of course will post the winners here too once they have all been announced. On that note I am up to 89 followers now and as promised I will be running a competition once I get my first 100 followers too and I have some lovely Candi stashed away for this occasion so tell your friends and get joining we are nearly there.
Anywho,
Wow doesn't the week fly by so quickly. Here we are again and time for my post for Visible |Image. I just love creating backgrounds and getting all inky and today was no exception and I love how it came out with lots of layers.

I have used a couple of different Sets on this piece and lots of Distress inks.
     
  • Firstly I took the Barbed wire stamp from the Immortal Love set and stamped it several times with Archival ink, I used Versafine but you could use any that you have. Give it a blast with the heat gun and set it well. I ran an anti static pad over it too to make sure.
  • Next I used The Bronte border stamp with London Fog memento inks and stamped it all over the page too. Again dry well.
  • I then took the crackled stamp from the Time set and stamped and embossed in clear on 2 diagonal corners. 
  • At this stage I chose my colours Tumbled glass,faded jeans and aged Mahogany Distress Inks and blended them all over the card.Dry with your heat gun in between every layer.
  • I then added some ink splats in chipped sapphire Ink in the odd place and some bronte border in chipped sapphire too. 
  • Next I embossed some white ink splats randomly.Mat this piece onto some white card then black and another white and set aside.
  • Stamp the sentiment , I used the gorgeous Create with your Soul and cut out with the spellbinders label of your choice or any die, I used labels 4 and inked through the die with a little faded jeans.
  • I then cut out 6 very small leaf sprigs and attached 2 of them to a larger leaf in tonal colours and added a small red rose bud to each, I added these under the label and added more to the opposite diagonal corner and added  a smaller tonal blue rose bud to each side. 
Here is a close up of the sentiment.



 Its quite difficult to make out the writing from the Bronte border as I did it in a medium colour but in real life you can see it easily and it is very pretty.

The finished card is 5 x 6 and 1/2 inches.

Here are the sets I used 

                                   Ink Splats.                                           Bronte Border

                                  Immortal Love                                           Time

Create with your Soul.

 
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that you give it a go , Please leave your comments below as always  I read every one and appreciate them so much. Have a wonderful Sunday and I will be back soon.
Hugs

Kim 
xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment