Thursday 12 December 2013

Creative Expressions Thursday & some news.

Hi all.

Well who knew it could be so foggy , I looked out this morning and could not see a thing , silly me thinks wiping the window would make a difference haha, oh dear.

Anyway I have something a little different for you today, I have used the Henna Mandala stamp this time but I kinda think it has a Moroccan look, what do you think?

The background stamp is from an older set called Time and has a diamond print set over an old script which I stamped several times in black archival ink, I then added lots of Dusty Concord and Bundled sage inks , Then I made up some white acrylic paint wash and some lilac too and spritzed it onto the inked card. I blasted it with a heat gun to dry.

Next I ran it through The super powder puff Embossing folder to get the pattern and used a gold pen to highlight the pattern.I matted this piece onto Soft gold card and then Milk card.
I cut out 2 Spellbinders borders in soft gold too but inked with black soot to change it slightly, and added top and bottom on the background.

I stamped the Henna stamp onto Milk card and then coloured in with a mix of Cosmic shimmer water colour paints but very thickly and Gold pen and once it was dry I coated it in 2 coats of clear embossing powder over Perfect medium ink. I cut out the stamped image with the backing die from the Delicate doilies die from Spellbinders, and hand cut a milk matt from Milk card.

I also used a sentiment from the time set, simply 'Imagine' which I cut out with a banner die.
I had a cherub leaning on his arms button, so I cut the shank off the back and mounted it on the bottom of the card above the sentiment.


I added the coloured and embossed image onto the background using foam to raise it up a little.
I had a fancy flat Accoutrement in a bronze colour so I used The creative expressions waxes to change the colour and dded it to the centre.

So definitely a little different but I really like the result, what do you think, You cant see all the Mica and shine as well in the photos but it is very sparkly.


So I would like to share some news with you ,

 I  have been asked by Creative Expressions to do some shows on Create and Craft and my first appearance will be on the lovely Sue Wilson's show this coming  Sunday at 12 on The Tool Shed and again at 5pm so please join us if you can and if you would like to send me some emails live I would really love to hear from you ( might calm my nerves a little hey haha)
I am extremely excited and looking forward to bringing you some great shows with lots of goodies too, So a huge thanks to Sue for helping me prepare and to Tracey my friend who tirelessly send me all the goodies so I can get some samples done for the show too. Fingers crossed for me. Yayyyyy...

Have a great day everyone and see you soon with more blog [posts and on the Tele ... who knew lol

Hugs

Kim 
xxxx





3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first show and good luck. Love your card it really does have a Moroccan feel. Great colours and background. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting your first show, good luck :) Great card as well

    ReplyDelete