Wednesday 13 May 2015

Visible Image Wednesday

Hi Folks

How are you all. ?
Thank you so much for last weeks kind words and Love love comments they really cheer your heart up when you have a rough day at work and come home and see such kindness. Huge hugs to all..

Today I have another card using the fab Visible Image stamps.
It is something quite different, I wanted to use the amazing Vision Inkognito stamp in this one and this is what popped into my head..


I started with the broken wall, I stamped the Brick wall background and cut out the left hand piece .

 I used some prima inks in varying brick/ reddy and brown shades to create my wall. This fab little stamp repeats so you can create a wall any size.

 Once it was done I went over the mortar with a Dusky rose Promarker  I then added some red ink splats with the ink splats set and some red ink later I also used some purple gelly pen to add some more of the splat shapes to the wall


 Once dried I stamped in Perfect medium on the wall with the sentiment Where dreams take you in white embossing powder and heat set.

 I cut out the wall at this point a note to remember when I was doing the mortar in this wall with my promarker I also decided the way the light would catch the wall and I also added the direction of the 3D aspect to the top and side of the wall.  I added two layers of foam to the back to raise it up away from the eye peeking out from behind it .

I then  stamped out the amazing  Vision INKognito eye and added some blues to the Iris and some feint brown to the white and some white in for the highlights and to catch the tiny lines in the iris also.
This is the colour of my daughters eyes actually almost to a tee.

 I added a little more wall to the Right hand side and painted in a window frame to the centre behind the eye.

I used a grey and a pale blue to add into each window pane and just literally drew around the edge of each panel with it. I added my left hand piece of wall raised up on foam so the eye peeped from behind it. I also mounted the whole piece onto a black mat at this stage, I left a gap on the right by the window as I want to add some flowers climbing the wall.

 I stamped out my second sentiment and inked the edges I also used some blue flexmarker to add under the words to pull then forward.

 I added foam to the back of the sentiment and placed it above the window leaving room on the right for the leaves and flowers to grow up around the window.


I drew in some little wisteria type flowers hanging on the wall before I started adding the leaves and little wire stems twisted into little spring shapes I also added some little stamen s which I used upside down to look like little hanging flowers.

I used some pink stickles on the hanging flowers and the inside of the little frosted flowers and on the card in varying places too.
So I took this angle shot so you can see which parts were raised and which were flat, lots of dimension, very different too.

Here is the complete picture again.
 So if anyone saw this post earlier you know that the section on which stamps I used etc was missing and I promised to come back and change that tonight so I am here to show the photos etc. I used five really great stamps for this one so here they are.









So If you popped by earlier I hope you managed to pop back to see the finished and added stamps as they truly are such gorgeous little pieces of art , each and every one of them.

I particularly enjoy this font as it really is right up my ally , from the swirls to the slight grunge in the broken swirls etc, very very cool.  Every single one is very versatile and I can really see them on mens cards too which is unusual for swirly writing as it usually is trly feminine but this seems to straddle the lines of masculine and feminine in a modern feel very very well.
Good job guys...

So what are you all working on rigt now?

Have a great night and I will see you tomorrow.
Hugs to all..

Love KIM
xxxx




4 comments:

  1. This is a very clever design Kim and the brick wall looks so lifelike with the perfect colours and 3D edge. I love the way you have coloured the eye, and the window frame behind with the pretty flowers up it works beautifully. Great sentiments too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat.
      Thanks so much for your kind words I was hoping the wall would pop forward in the picture as thinks always seem to look flater on camera dont that.. (except us hahaha)
      Thanks for stopping by and I am glad to see you enjoyed something a little out of peoples comfort zones.
      Hugs
      Kim xxx

      Delete
  2. Afternoon Kim, I saw the Visible Image stall at Port Sunlight last Saturday. A lovely card, the inkcognito eye is stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI patricia
      Good evening and nice to see you, Oh good I am so glad you saw it and maybe got to see some of our cards on the boards that you may have seen here on the website in the past which is very cool. Much better in real life hey.
      The eye is amazing isnt it, I used such little on it to add my take too.
      Nice to see you lovely as always.
      Huge hugs
      Kim xxx

      Delete