I have actually as yet no been to sleep after having a rotten head all day , it finally went around 12 midnight and the crafty mojo came flooding back so I thought I would just do something and now its gone 7 a.m , gosh us creative types do keep the strangest hours... haha well I used the simply gorgeous Immortal love stamp set from Visible Image of course for this card and wow is all I can say.
- I started with an A5 piece of white stamping card which is super smooth and the inks just blend together really seamlessly. I used Dried Marigold ,Worn Lipstick , , a touch of Ripe persimmon and rusty hinge.
- I stamped the small rose all over the card turning the stamp and stamping off the page also, I used a raspberry Adirondack Ink pad to stamp the rose on the background, I used a water brush to then add water in each rose , wait a couple of seconds and blot the water off with Kitchen paper, as the Distress ink reacts with water it leaves the card almost white again and creates an interesting effect.
- I then stamped the barbed wire randomly on the background too with versamark and then used a copper cosmic shimmer embossing powder, I stamped the damask element in black and the words from the set, Immortal, forever and love all embossed in white.
- I took a white pen and highlighted the items to make them stand out from the page.
- I used the embossing ink around the background edges and sprinkled on an iridescent powder with glitter in it to match the colours in the ink. I covered each Rose in glossy accents and set aside to dry.
- Next I took the large rose and used glue on the stamp and stamped the image again onto white card I used gilding flakes this time and took a line of sticky tape and gilded that also. I added a piece of decorative trim , which has mini pom poms hanging on it. I added it behind the strip of gilding and mounted it to the bottom of the card. I painted in the large rose and cut it out of the card. I used matching distress inks to add the colour then I dried it with a heat gun. I covered the rose in double sided adhesive and sprinkled it with Glitter I then recoloured it again and the glitter takes on the Distress really well.
- I die cut some leaves for the rose and added both on top of the decorative element at the bottom of the card.
- Lastly I stamped out the Love in black on white card, which I matted onto Red card. I added the same iridescent embossing powder around the edges and heat set then added this to the top of the card. I matted the card onto red card , then white and last layer of red. The finishing touch was to add some red flat back jewels to complete the look.
This is a close up of the small roses and the glossy accents on the background.
You can see here the gilding flakes showing through the glitter which picked up the colour of the inks really well.
The set I used
Immortal Love By Visible Image.
I hope you enjoyed My post for this weeks Visible Image Sunday.
While you are here I want to take the opportunity to Thank everyone who leaves me lovely comments on here and facebook/twitter etc , It is always such a huge validation of your work and the thing you love to do so much so Thank you to each and every one of you for stopping by and taking the time to leave some love for me.
I also would like to mention that Craftwork cards asked me if I would like to do some cards for Simply cards and Papercraft for them with their lovely Vintage Christmas post collection which is now in shops should you wish to purchase and have a look at it , it was a feature about Craftwork and I was so lucky as it features 6 of my cards this time, The lovely Sue who owns Craftwork cards sent me a copy of the magazine just Friday so I got to see it as soon as it came out and it really is a great article so well done to Sue,Andrew and Julie. Hugs xxx
Ok Have a lovely Sunday (avoid the rain)
bye for now guys