Saturday 29 September 2012

Pick of the Bunch

I was asked by the lovely Julie Hickey from Craftwork cards if I could make some cards for the great Northern paper craft Extravaganza coming up soon. She gave me a gorgeous pad of paper and frames and new candi so I could have some inspiration as I worked; it was all from the new bohemian range which is glittery goodness and very lovely... Tonight I sat and made two cards which turned out really well with lots of embossing, over stamping and inking/blending which I love.

I have broken it down into a few pics so you get to have a proper look at the embellishments which are in the paper pad which I have inked and curled and moulded, added Versamark and embossing powder, heated, then added mica powder and heated again which allows the mica to sink into the enamel and so becomes permanent, so no rubbing off with handling.

It took a fair while to complete, even though it looks simple because the glittered paper is so beautiful. Julie is also going to ask her friend Nikki up at Leeds to photograph these cards to add to the  craftwork cards blog which is great. Thanks again Julie, such a lovely lady!

  • I took an 8x8 card base and added some pink card, I used some American craft card in valentine colours. I trimmed my sheet of paper from the Bohemian pad and Layered it on to the pink mat. I punched a thin strip of paper and added to the left hand side.
  • I took one of the frames and added some colour to it and some spray glitter to give it a lift. Then I added some rock candy paint all over and dried with a heat tool til it was all cracked but sparkly. I decided it wasn't dark enough so I rubbed more ink into the cracks, I love the effect here! After adding the little sentiment on top of the frame here, this section was complete. I have to say in this picture (because the lighting is rubbish) the frame looks orange, but it is in fact pink and distressed a little.
  • I moved on to the tag next.
  • The tag came in my Bohemian goody bag I received from QVC the shopping channel, and it matches the free pad from Julie so i inked it with my Distress Inks and then covered it in Versamark and embossing powder and heated, I will never tire of the change as it transforms... I did the process again to make it really smooth and shiny. I added my ribbon through the tag also and a small piece of the thin punched loopy paper to add to the tag.
  • I popped out lots of flowers from the pad and curled them, inked them and to some I added bling, some candi, and some I curled some tiny swirls for the centre of flowers.
  • My insert was the same design paper without the glitter all over, so it could be written on. I took the piece of paper that the flowers were attached in and used it as a mask with my Pan pastels. I stamped the amazing Clarity stamps sentiment onto it. 
  • Lastly I had a skeleton leaf, not everyones fave but I added versamark and embossing powder to it, melted it in and did the Mica technique again. I added it to the upper right corner with a flower. Some of the flowers I used I also enamelled as you can see in the last pic. You can see just how much beautiful glitter is on this paper in this one too.
Well it is now gone 2 a.m... I'm sure my son is still partying from his birthday and rightly so! lol But I have to hit the sack as back to work in the morning.

Night bloggers, and I hope you like my card, If you go to the GNPE then I wonder if you will see my card there... Let me know! I have my very own stamp which Clarity stamps made and I love it, I have never had  Polymer stamps so good as Barbara Greys.
So look out for my stamp if you go to the Craftwork cards stand.. I really wish I was going, I truly would go to every show if I could, and be part of it all.  Big sigh lol.

Have a great weekend and look out also for lots of new posts.
Kim xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment