Wednesday 12 September 2012

Tv cards for Stamp Addicts 13/09/12

Hello all!

Here are the cards I made for Stamp Addicts over this last week. They are on Create and Craft TV tomorrow at either 4 or 6, I'm not sure which, but the stamps were lovely to work with and easy to build a picture with. It was good fun, as they are a different g,enre for me.

This was Coloured with distress inks and covered in rock candy, then rubbed with black soot to give it a smoky, shadowy atmosphere, like on a stage! I found a great pack of papers that I had stashed away for the skin type background too.

The letters were Craftwork Cards mounted onto black card, some raised, and some flat. I took some little wooden stars and pressed them into Versamark, and then tipped on lots of embossing powders mixed with a little utee and glitter, melting it on and adding them to the topper I made.

Lastly, took a couple of musical peel offs and added them to some mats and layers and found a way to attach them.

Next...

This is a bat playing a guitar, so I thought I would colour him in greys. For this, I tried Promarkers this time. I managed to get a good blend and used Greys mixed between cool and ice.

This is a stepper card with the big guitar in the back cut from a rock paper pad I had, fab quality, more like card. I coloured the guitar in mixes of orange/red and dark red. Then I added glossy accents to that and his sunglasses, they dried really shiny and raised.

I used another backing paper with lots of silver guitars on the back and the bit left over. I cut a guitar out and mounted it like real guitars on walls. Made some flowers using petal pairs punches and glitter and glue in the middles. Finally added bling and done!

Next..

I love this one and when I stamped it I thought I'd make a background card using just the head, but I didn't realise I had a bit of ink on the word part and it stamped Vini on the right! So the turtle after that had a name (unless the Stamp addict ladies already gave him one). To me, he is Vini the turtle!

Again I used some fab papers that really do look and feel like reptile type skin. Two of those flowers I made a while back from paper made it onto this one.  I used also some Debbie Moore backing paper from her vintage travel pack  punching out some extra paper in strips and adding them for dimension.

I coloured old Vini with Sakura pens mostly but there is some distress inks in the mix too as I couldn't always get the right colour for him with just Sakura.

I used the technique of putting fresh water over the eyes of the stamped head background and blotting it back off so it goes back to the original white of the stamping card to stand out.

A little white pen faux stitching and bling, and a bow, and also some raffia helps to finish this one off.

I also did...

The lion.

I mostly coloured him by dobbing my inks onto my craft sheet and using a water brush to wash the colour onto the card. I built up layers of colour allowing a little drying time. I used a craft cd of Joanna Sheen's to print the grassy background. And lots of matting and layering.

Due to The wizard of Oz, when I think of lions, I always think of the cowardly lion needing his courage. So I decided this would be a good luck/courage card. I drew a paw and layered that too and again used the Craftwork Cards letters and matted them on black, added bling on some not others.

I also tried him a different way...

I used some Papermania papers on this one. An Easel card which I thought I'd have some fun with so I added a background and over stamped some branches I gave him a daisy chain necklace and drew a golf ball in. I had him standing on a stump of grass and more daisies and then used a sentiment I had saying:

"Take the time to walk barefoot in the grass making daisy chains and Believe in the beauty of your dreams." From Indigo Blu who I absolutely love.

I used it like a sign post and enamelled a piece of card that I had made look like wood.
Lastly, I made some flowers again with punches, layering them up so as to make them look like little but full blooms. Bling finished him off... not literally.

So these were the cards I sent and I'm looking forward to seeing the shows tomorrow.
I thank Sarah for choosing me to help her showcase her lovely stamps. 

Hope you like them!
Happy Crafting
Kim xx







No comments:

Post a Comment