Saturday 15 September 2012

Owl be seeing you..

So today's little treasure is 6x6 and the topper is from a kit which I think is Kanban but I have had it a long time, I dip in an out of it but this was quite a cute one I thought.
It utilises a flower I made up from Hunkydory.
  • Firstly I inked the backing card a little in purples and green then added some purple ribbon strips.
  • Then the card choice for this layer was retro flowers. For some reason it didn't clash like some would with all the patterns. Atop of that I added a green strip of paper to the left.
  • After inking the topper and adding some cabochon stones to the eyes to make them sparkle, I mounted it on foam and matted onto the card just covering the top of the green paper. 
  • I added my flower to the left, which I made by curling the edges around my pokey tool for each layer, and adding sparkle to the centre.
  • The bow and sentiment, and a little bling in the corner finished it off. Although I did go back and add a little faux stitching in black around the edge which makes it look like it's been paper pierced on the edges.
Have a great Saturday Crafty bloggers! I have a project to finish of 30 small thank you cards for a very special young lady. And also My girl is going to a fancy dress event tonight so we are off shopping for the outfit. I think I will end up doing more stitching. Haha!

What are you doing?
Kim
X

No comments:

Post a Comment