How was your Tuesday? Good, I hope. I still have a snotty nose but the cold is starting to go. Yay.
I received news that some cards I designed for Stamp Addicts are going on Create and Craft TV on Thursday! The show times are at 4pm and 6pm, so I'm looking forward to seeing them on TV! Of course, I have photographed them, and I will upload them here after the shows, as I don't want to spoil their new stamp reveals!
Anyway, of course, I have a little offering for today and so here goes, hope you like it.
I think the image is really sweet and the words very true... I actually just stamped out the image to have a play with my Sakura pens, which I brushed out with a water brush and I quite like the effect.
Not too keen on the psychadelic pink of the dress but it can be changed, even some paper piecing would be fun if I couldn't cover it with colour.
- I started by colouring the image on some really good stamping card. I always recommend Centura pearl turned over, although I recently discovered Stamp Away stamping card which is very reasonable and holds the image well too.
- Next I matted the white card onto some black. I added some little jewels in the corners for balance.
- I chose my backing paper from yet another free pack, this time out of a mag, and matted that onto black also.
- I had a ribbon in my stash that matched nicely and wrapped that around my backing paper mat.
- I layered them up and tied a pretty bow for the corner, I dressed the bow with a nice big jewel and added small ones at the corners of the card.
- Lastly, I had a craftwork cards flower which I added a bit of sparkle to and placed it at the front for dimension. It was actually a raspberry sort of colour in pearlised card, but it came out quite dark in the pic.
Have a good wednesday and I will meet you back here tomorrow, don't forget Create and Craft Thursday 4&6.