Monday 3 September 2012

Time.

Evening Blogland!
How's your day been?

This is a late post but I simply had to put up a card, even though the photography in this light is not great at least you knoq I'm here everyday to show you lots of crafty goodness.

This card is one I made a short while ago. It was when I first got some Debbie Moore Embossing Powders.

I also used the technique of stamping into melted ultra thick.

  • I took a Kraft card base distressed the edges and added a ton of ink to the edges (good old Tim).
  • Next I chose a Craftwork Cards Vintage 8x8 paper in a tan colourway, cut it down slightly and used three different Distress Inks to add colour and blend the paper really well at the edges. I used Vintage Photo, Walnut stain and Aged Mahogany. 
  • Leave the paper aside to dry a little, or you could use a heat tool. I took some Ribbon and Bakers Twine and coloured them with the Inks to match. 
  • After drying the string thoroughly I wrapped it round the paper and secured on the back, cutting off any bulkiness (if only it was that easy to diet lol).
  • Next I secured the paper with string and ribbon attached to the card base and set aside. I took a Mat and Layer and ran them both through my little textured impressions machine, the larger piece is actually Mirri card, I sanded them both back a little to reveal the embossed clocks.
  • I covered them both in Versamark which is really a sticky ink that embossing powders or Micas etc can adhere to. Then added little blocks of matching colours ready to be melted with the heat tool.
  • Once melted and sanded  I roughed up the card, reopened and flattened out, I took some Glossy Accents and highlighted the clock faces in places.
  • I took a pile of ultra thick and put it on my craft mat (non-stick, Heat proof) and very slowly melted it down. 
  • I stamped my clock from Creative Expressions into a part of it waited for it to harden a minute and then bent the craft mat so it popped off . That's a great technique and it looks so cool.
  • I laid all the pieces so far onto my card base that already had the paper and string etc stuck down.Adding ribbon to the small Mat. I found how I wanted them and stuck them all atop of the ribbon and twine with Pinflair glue gel. I also stuck my melted utee with this.
  • Lastly I took my small pocket watch embellishment and stuck it to the card dabbing the edge with a little Versamark, sprinkled on some utee and carefully melted it, taking care not to remelt the piece we stamped into earlier. 
  • I added a sentiment on the top right hand corner which I distressed with the same inks to match.
  • To finish wrote a nice quote in white pen on bottom right.     
I wonder if you will try that or it isn't your thing?  For me this is one of my favourite things to do, just to sit and play and see what happens and how the art takes you. I was pleased with the result and enjoyed the process and was up to my knuckles in Ink and un melted utee that I managed to blow everywhere. I've seen a much better heat tool by Sheena Douglas, whose art I love, which disperses the heat much more gently so you don't lose half your powder! Haha!

Thanks for stopping by
Kim x

                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment